Saturday, August 27, 2016

August 27, 2016

I am in a season of anxiety right now.    I have two big struggles that I am dealing with and I am beginning to feel a bit weary.   It seems that both of these things are encompassing most of my energy and my emotional state is a bit fragile.   Have you ever found yourself in that place?   It is difficult to find joy in the shadows of turmoil.    It is difficult to spread joy in the shadow of turmoil.   This is a place where I do not want to be!  So what is a girl to do?    My best advice is to go to scripture and lean on God's word to get back on track.   Just now in Psalms I found a gem that I can claim as my own. Psalms 13:2,5 reads, "How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day?  How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?  But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation."  Our God is so good!    He loves me even when I don't feel very lovable.    He loves me even when I am so self absorbed that I am only looking at me and my pain.  Our God is bigger than anything that you and I could ever deal with on this earth.    I will choose to focus on Him and His steadfast love.   Thank you God for changing my focus and reminding me that I am a daughter of the King!    

No comments:

Post a Comment