Friday, August 12, 2016

August 12, 2016

I ran across Psalm 145:8 in my study today.  It reads "The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love."  This verse really resonated with me as I have been working hard to be more gracious with people.   That is so very difficult for me some of the time!  The last few weeks it seems I have had a very short fuse and get angry way too quickly.    Clearly God knows my struggle and He provided the right instruction for me on this hour.   If He can be gracious to me in my ungliness, shouldn't I pass that mercy on to the ones in my life situations.  Hmm.   And the love part.   Doesn't our Lord call on us to love our enemies?  All these things we can do, but only through our Father's grace.   I'll keep trying!  

No comments:

Post a Comment