Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 21, 2016

In my study today I have been blessed with this scripture from Psalms 1:2:  "but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates day and night."  This position is where I want to be.  I deeply want to delight in the law of the Lord!  I deeply want to meditate on that law night and day!   So, why don't I?   Well friends, I hate to admit this but real life creeps into my life in a big and crazy busy way.   I find myself on my knees but checking my watch to make sure I have enough time to be on my knees.   What is that?    That, in a very real essence, is Satan.   I allow earthly stuff to get in my way.  I say I want to focus on the Lord and then I take more time reading my novel than I do reading my Bible.    I say I want to have relationship with the Lord and then I sit in front of the tv instead of quietly talking to my God.   Right now I ask God to convict me of the need to really delight in His presence.    Right now I ask God to fill me up with the desire to  reflect on Him and His promises.    Satan can not have my attention when I turn my face totally to our Father in heaven.   Where do you put your attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment