Thursday, August 11, 2016

August 11, 2016

Matthew 4:10  "Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone Satan!  For it is written you shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve."  Do you ever need to order Satan out of your life?   Have you ever put aside our Lord and Savior to take up the darkness of our contemporary world?  Jesus ordered that Satan be gone and He wants us to do the same.  I have struggled a bit this week with neglecting my time with Bible study and building relationship with God.   I have had a million and one things that needed to be done.  I have had many demands on my time from many different directions.   Guess what has suffered?   I have completed things for work, given my recuperating mom lots of time,  seen my gandbabies, cooked and done laundry, spent time with my husband.   Whew!    Sadly, though, I have not given God much time.  I am very disappointed with myself as I have put the single most important relationship in my life on the back burner to take care of all these worldly issues.   Yes, they are important people and activities - but more important than God?    Satam wants us to think so but God directs us to send Satan away.   Scripture tells us to worship only God.  What have you worshipped this week?              

No comments:

Post a Comment