Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 17, 2016

Matthew 6:14-15  "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."  (ESV)  Ouch!   This is a very convicting scripture.  My head reads it and understands that we simply need to forgive and not hold grudges.    My heart says ...but sometimes I just want to be mad.  Have you ever been faced with the need to forgive someone but can't seem to let go of the offense?   Boy I have until I realized that forgiving someone is not at all about them.   It is about me and my relationship with my Lord.    Forgiving someone frees me to be the Christian person that God expects me to be and allows Him to then grant me grace when I fall short.   And boy do I often fall short!    We all need to be forgiven.    Thankfully God shows us the way to do that.    Thank you Father!    

No comments:

Post a Comment