Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 18, 2016

This week I was at Bible study with my church sisters and was stopped in my tracks by something that Beth Moore said in the video study.  Beth was discussing the need for Christian sisters to encourage and support one another and she said, "we are too busy because we are so important."  The context of her statement was that we don't have many true, deep, friendships these days.    We have lots of facebook friends and phone contacts but we are missing out on real genuine friendships.   I so agree with her as recently I was frustrated with myself because I neglected to find time all summer to visit with a dear friend  and now I am back in school and missed the opportunity.  Am I so important doing my agenda that I can't find time to reach out to another?   That is not the way that God created us.   God created us to be social.  We should make our sisters and brothers in Christ our focus and priority.  This old world we live in is difficult.   We deal with health issues, and financial issues, and relationship issues, just to name a few.    Let's work hard to encourage and lift up one another in the name of Jesus.   Romans 1:11-12 says, "For I long to see you that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you - that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine."  (ESV)  Girls, find a moment today to reach out to a sister and rebuild those powerful relationships.  It will be a blessing to both of you!    

         

No comments:

Post a Comment