Friday, August 19, 2016

August 19, 2016

Jeremiah 29:12  "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you."   What a fabulous promise from God.   He tells us that He will hear us.    We can take anything to Him and He will listen.   But there is more to this than just expecting God to hear.   The scripture says that God tells us we must do something too.   Did you see it?    God says "call upon me".   He desires for us to rely on Him.   God is just waiting for us to turn to Him, and call out His name.   But friends there is still more.   It is not enough to just call upon Him; God wants us to pray to Him as well.   When we are face down, humbled before our God and pouring out our souls to Him through prayer, He will hear us.   When we are driving down the road and praising God in prayer with music from the radio, He will hear us.    When we sit with our babies at day end and pray "Now I lay me down to sleep", He hears our prayer.   Every time we cry out; every time we sing His praise; every time we need direction, God hears when we call upon Him.  Let's get bsuy and pray!      

No comments:

Post a Comment