Saturday, August 13, 2016

August 13, 2016

I love it when God just reaches down and turns my Bible pages to the perfect scripture for me at a given  moment.   I love that He knows exactly what I need to read and when I need to read it.   Has that  ever happened to you?   God is so very smart!    I think that he totally enjoys giving us the words that we need.   I think He is probably thinking, "of course I do that for you beloved!"  For me this evening, God graced my reading with 1Peter 3:10.  "For whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit."  You see I have been struggling for several days with a tongue that wants to talk ugly about a situation I am involved in.   I keep needing reminders to speak only truth and to speak that truth in love.    I keep needing reminders that my words will get me in trouble if I allow ugliness to flow and they will only hurt myself and others.    I need to guard my tongue carefully right now as I am vulnerable to talking before I think.    God knows my struggle and He quietly reminded me tonight that He knows me and will minister to Me.    Thank you God!     Thank you for seeing my need even when  I don't and for providing me with the answers!    

No comments:

Post a Comment