Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 27, 2016

John 11:25-26  Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.   Do you believe this?"

I just came home from being with a family as they gathered around their husband's and dad's hospital bed as he took his last breath.  Though the situation is very sad - they all knew their husband and father was a Christian and at peace.

He is now in heaven with no more sorrow or pain.  He is whole.

You know these verses we use at funerals, and they bring comfort.  But the important thing to know is that we don't share them because they bring comfort; we share them because they are the truth.

Do you believe this?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment