Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18, 2016

Psalm 62:1  My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.

Do you have seasons when you feel like you are running on empty?  Deadlines are looming over you?  You ask yourself, "why on earth did I agree to do all these things?".  Those are the times I find myself closest to my God.  I have discovered over the years that the first thing in the morning I seek His face and His voice, and He never fails me.  Then I am prepared to make it through the rough day.  At night, before I go to bed, if I will still my heart and read His word, He never fails to join me.  There is absolutely nothing like being "tucked in" by the Lord's good and loving hand.


We can search for rest in all kinds of places, but the rest that is accompanied by peace can only be found in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment