Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9, 2016

Proverbs 27:1  Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

This can be a sobering thought.  I am a planner, and love nothing more than to know what I am doing tomorrow (hour by hour) and the day after.  I learned the hard way not to put too much stock in my plans.

 Eleven years ago, it was the end of the school year and I was marking off the days on a calendar and had plans made for June and July.  On May 6th, I woke up and found my husband unresponsive.  To make a very long story short, he had bacterial meningitis.  We spent all of June and July in the hospital, along with August, September and October. Needless to say that was not in my plans.

The good news is that my husband is still alive and doing well.  The Lord does know what plans He has for us, and we need to always be ready to respond to His plans rather than ours.


I think it is okay to plan, but don't put them in stone.  Give the Lord room to change them.

No comments:

Post a Comment