Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15, 2016

Proverbs 6:10  Go to the ant, O sluggard, consider her ways, and be wise.

We are currently studying the seven deadly sins in one of our Bible Studies.  It was very interesting to me that sloth is considered one of them.  In my studies I also discovered that according to the Medieval theologians, who came up with the list, that they considered sloth one of the top two- deadliest sins.  As I have been studying the Word of God on this subject, I discovered there is quite a little bit God has to say about the sluggard; the above verse being one example.


Ants are considered hard workers and very diligent in their effort to make things happen.  I decided before I am so quick to get mad at these persistent ants and want to rid myself of them, I should take God's advice and consider what model workers they are.  Perhaps they do have a lesson to teach us.

No comments:

Post a Comment