Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 12, 2016

John 14:2  In my Father's house are many rooms.  If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

I had an aha moment this week as I looked at this verse.  I was reading a commentary about it and realized something I had never before considered.  As I had previously pondered what Jesus did to prepare a place for us - I pictured Him getting a place ready, I don't know how, but probably like I prepare my home for guests.

What I realize now is that considering when Jesus was saying this to His disciples, He prepared a place for us by his death, resurrection and ascension.  Wow!   That really struck me.  Think about it.


PS my other error in thinking was - we will not be a guest in heaven; it is our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment