Saturday, May 14, 2016

May 14, 2016


II Samuel 8:27  For you, O LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, have made this revelation to your servant, saying, "I will build you a house." Therefore your servant has found courage to pray this prayer to you.

Even if you are not familiar with this part of the narrative of how God promised to build a house for David, you can see that because David had heard from the Lord, he had courage to pray to him a certain way.

I think it is very important we will always find that God initiates the conversation.  He always comes first, Alpha and Omega, even in our dialogue.  Once we get into the Word or prayer, and we hear God's loving voice, we gain the courage to pray not just mediocre prayers, but bold prayers.


On the occasions that I have felt far from God or that my prayers weren't making it through the ceiling of my prayer chamber, I have found that I have not been in the Word of God or silently listening for Him to speak to me.  Be still and know that He is God, and that will embolden you to prayer mighty prayers of faith.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment