Sunday, June 28, 2015

June 28, 2015

Hosea 14:1  Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God, for you have stumbled  because of your iniquity. (ESV)

Do you ever feel like you are stumbling about - not quite where you should be, but not completely off the path?  I think these times are times of misery.  I can feel restless and discontented when these times come.  The interesting thing in the above Scripture is that it explains the "why" behind our stumbling... our own iniquity.  Ouch!

I would prefer to call it anything but sin.  I would prefer to think I am just a little "off my game."  I like the idea that I just need a slight attitude adjustment; however, the Word of God says it is sin - my sin.

The good news is God asks us to return to Him.  He doesn't indicate that He is done with us or disappointed - He just says, "Return."  The consequences will come, but they will be more easily tolerated when we are in a state of  having confessed our sins, rather than continuing in our sins.

Look inward.
Search your soul.
Call it what it is.
Give it to the Lord.
Enjoy His forgiveness and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment