Friday, June 26, 2015

June 26, 2015

Job 1:1  There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away fom evil.  (ESV)

First of all, the term blameless can really throw us for a loop.  Me blameless?  Are you kidding?  Well, this morning I read a commentary that suggested blameless was doing the right thing all the time.  I don't see anyone, other than Jesus, being blameless.  But the article went on to suggest as long as you confessed after you sinned, then you would be back to blameless.  It doesn't make sense that first we are told blameless is doing the right thing, but when we don't ( which at that point we would be no longer blameless) we need to confess.  I hated to throw out this whole idea, so I concluded....

In God's economy - because He wants us to do the right thing, when we don't  - He doesn't consider the act complete until we confess our sins.  Therefore, we could be considered blameless.
It it just an idea, but I think it makes some sense.
I love God and His forgiveness and the possibilities that presents to us - not to mention the HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment