Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 21, 2015

 Psalm 109:1  Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise.  (KJV)

As I was reading this verse today it dawned on me that generally we are praying for peace, but in this case - the Psalmist is asking God to not hold His peace.  If I go on and read I can see that there are adversaries out there repeating lies about the Psalmist.  So, he is wanting God to do something.  
However, I wonder if we might utter this to God too when we are in need of His voice.  
Do you ever feel like it has been a while since you heard from God?  Sometimes it seems like too long since I have gotten, what I call, a fresh word from the Lord.  
When those times come, I return to His Word so I might hear from Him.  
Let's agree in prayer right now that you and and I will receive a fresh word from our Lord today!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment