Saturday, June 27, 2015

June 27,2015

John 15:5  I am the vine; you are the branches.  Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.  (ESV)

As I read this verse I look at the part that talks about abiding in Him.  There are various ways we can define "abiding".  Then we move on to the bearing fruit portion of the verse.  Again, we can find various applications for bearing fruit.  The key to it all is the final portion of the verse - apart from me you can do nothing.  This leaves us no wiggle room.  It makes it abundantly clear that we are helpless without the Lord.  Isn't it funny how much we think we can achieve on our own.

Anymore it is not popular to be dependent on others; however, when it comes to the Lord that is not the case.  He tells us that we are to depend on Him for everything.  What a wonderful Lord we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment