Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 25, 2015

Psalm 119..... You will have to read from your Bible (too long for this space)

As I was studying this Psalm this morning I found several things about God's Word....
I decided to go through and underline all the different words used for God's Law, then I found it interesting to go through and mark with a colored pencil all the benefits of reading the Word.  Finally, I went through and used a different colored pencil and marked the prayers I found that I thought would be good to pray.

I absolutely love this Psalm.  It is good to read and meditate on what the Lord is saying to us in His Word, especially about His Word.
Joshu 1:8 encourages us to mediate on God's law - and that word meditate carries a connotation smilar to that of wallowing food around in your mouth and chewing on it from all angles.  (interesting idea)

Finally, I have read story after story of those people who have been persecuted and stripped of their Bibles.  Those people often talk of how they had memorized Scripture and that kept their sanity.  You may not be in those dire circumstances, but it is always healthy to memorize Scripture.  I challenge you to try it.  I just got an app for my phone that helps you memoize.  It is called Scripture Typer.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment