Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

Exodus 20:8  Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (HCSB)

I just read an interesting article on a small church in Minnesota that decided to take two Sundays off a month and instead meet on those two Saturday evenings in order to prepare for the following day as a Sabbath, a holy day unto the Lord.  They gave examples of people taking nature hikes and enjoying God's presence.  It spoke of staying at home and having a family observance of the Sabbath.  It encouraged us to get away from consumerism, chores, etc. It mentioned how important it is to get the rest and refresh ourselves for the week ahead.

I, for some time now, have had it on my heart to do a better job of observing the Sabbath.  I have read books and tried several approaches, but none to my satisfaction (let alone the Lord's).

I encourage you to enjoy your Sabbath this coming week, but even more importantly - keep it holy unto the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment