Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 16, 2014

I Corinthians 9:15 (God's Word Translation)  "I thank God for his gift that words  can not describe."
Paul has just spent many verses describing all the wonderful ways that God shows that He is God by taking care of His people.   He showers us all with gifts that only He can give; the most amazing of all is the gift of His son, Baby Jesus!   As I spend time, effort, and gas this holiday season diligently trying to find that perfect gift for everyone on my list, I am stilled by the realization that nothing I can purchase will ever come close to the gift that our Lord and Savior poured out for us.   As much as I love my family, I know that love pales next to the love our precious Jesus extends to us.     Sweet Jesus fill us up with that love so that we might be worthy of your gifts this Christmas season.    Come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment