Friday, December 5, 2014

December 5, 2014

Jude 20-21 (ESV)  But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. 

God gave me this scripture today as I was reading to prepare my heart for Advent.   I believe that the message is to pray within God's desire rather than for my own agenda.   I believe that we are called to put all of our faith and all of our trust in Jesus and His promise that we win in the end!  This Christmas season I am trying to take on a new focus.   I am searching for the Babe in the manger in my heart rather than in the crèche.   My quest requires that I inspect my motives and my actions from a spiritual perspective rather than a secular one, and sometimes that proves to be painful.    I am eternally grateful for God's undying grace as I hobble along on this journey.   As I put down my Bible I can only smile and say "Come Lord Jesus!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment