Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 11, 2014

John 1:17 (KJV)  For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 
I am so grateful that Jesus came to us and brought us His grace because I am not a very obedient person.  It is not so much that I do not want to follow rules and regulations.   Rather, if there are too many I find it hard to remember them all and I really need to know the rationale behind the rules before I see a need to adhere to certain ones.  I am certain that I would have constantly been in trouble if I had been an Old Testament believer.  Thankfully, Jesus came to us and said "follow me".    He assures all of us that He loves us and that if we ask Him to be our personal Savior we will spend eternity with Him.  This does not give us carte blanche to behave as we wish.   Rather, it should cause us to desire to emulate Jesus as we live to serve Him.   Christmas season would be a terrific time to come to Jesus in a bold way.   Won't you renew your relationship with Him or maybe start a brand new relationship?  Merry Christmas, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment