Saturday, October 8, 2016

October 7, 2016

With the change in the seasons, comes early evenings.   A month ago we had at least one hour more of daylight in the evenings.  Now darkness creeps in before I am ready for it.   Trying to do "outside" things after school is now a race with the clock.   I can't get all the mowing done now between the end of my work day and dark.  I can't get my horse rode and everything fed and tended to in that time frame either.  The dark makes outside chores more difficult because I  can't see things clearly without carrying around a flashlight.  II Samuel 22:29 reads, "For You are my lamp, O Lord, and my God lightens my darkness."  This scripture is a very practical one to me.   Essentially it tells us that when that darkness creeps in and we still have work to do, we need to call upon the Lord.  He will light the deep dark shadows of our lives.    He alone will provide the "light at the end of the tunnel,    We need to continue going about the business of doing His work even when the darkness of our broken world threatens to make things difficult.    Lord show us how to do that.   Show us, Father,  how to light our lamps off the eternal Light of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment