Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016

Colossians 3:2  "Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth".  (ESV)  I found this little gem this evening as I was reading the scriptures.   I pondered on this for a bit and decided that God gave me these words because he wants me to start my new week on the right foot.   You see, last week I was a bit of a mess.    I was very much focused on earthly issues and failed to recognize that I am a daughter of the King.   Yes, we still have to live on this earth, and yes we still have to deal with a lot of stress and aggravation on this earth.   But all falls into perspective when I realize that my focus should be on God above rather than Satan on this earth.   too often I give Satan way too much attention, at the expense of my relationship with our Father in heaven,    Too often I let Satan usurp the love and adoration that should be directed to God because I am too busy trying to dance with life and the tricky ways if the evil one.   Scripture says "set your mind on things that are above and that is exactly what I intend to do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment