Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 11, 2016

Romans 7:25 "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!  So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin."  (ESV)  What do you serve my friend?  Paul is talking to his fellow believers and says that he serves the law of God and the law of sin.  Paul's statement rocked me and made me take a good look at myself.   I do have the assurance that Jesus Christ is my Lord.   I do spend time studying the Word and filling my mind with knowledge of scripture and application.   Many of you do as well.  We know the truth and work hard to live lives that are pleasing to God.  But sometimes our world gets in the way and we falter and turn away from God.   However, God, in his infinite wisdom, has given us the gift of discernment and choice and he gives us the ability to serve His law so that we might prepare ourselves to enter heaven.  Help us, Lord to have the courage to follow that law.      

No comments:

Post a Comment