Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3, 2015

I Thessalonians 4:11  (But we urge you brothers) ... to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you.  (ESV)

I love this verse.  Paul is urging us right along with the Thessalonians to live a simple, quiet life (no drama), mind our own business (don't be nosy gossips), and to work with our hand (so we won't be so idle that we can find ourselves in trouble).

What good advise we find in the above Scripture.... surely you know those people whose lives are full of drama, or they are always sticking their noses in the business of others and have plenty of time on their hands.  The wear me out just thinking about them.

It is my prayer for you and for me that we might enter into the lifestyle Paul is encouraging in this verse.  I know we will have happier, more productive lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment