Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27, 2015

I Thessalonians  5:19  Do not quench the Spirit. (NKJV)

I love this verse!  It gives us probably some of the best advice found in the Bible.  If we would let the Holy Spirit have His way in our lives, we would be unbelievable!!   God's will would be followed;  we would be working with God, in step with Him.

I think, instead, we let our clocks be our God and dictate what we do, where we do it, and when.

I remember a funny situation.... I was working at a retreat and was in charge of keeping the schedule moving.  A lady came to me right before one of the speakers took the platform and told me that this particular woman really listened to the Spirit and was Spirit led and would speak according to what the Spirit was saying.  But then her next sentence was," But don't let her go past 2:15, or we will be behind schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment