Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." (ESV)

The first thing that strikes me in this passage is that the Creator of the Universe invites me to reson with Him.  That says to me that I have the freedom to put questions before Him, bring my concerns to Him, work through my thinking on something with Him.  This is just one of many indicators that He is a very personal God, and He wants an intimate relationship with me.

The rest of the verse is mind-boggling.... especially when I consider my past and the sins of my youth.  Only God can take them and wash them thoroughly so that there is no trade left.  It is hard to understand, but He encourages us to reason with Him and trust Him.  I am so thankful that God is not only reasonable, but supernatural, so that He can accomplish all He promises in this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment