Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 28, 2014

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  (ESV)

Today as I was preparing my sermon for this coming Sunday (Trinity Sunday), I was struck by all the threes I find in the Bible.  I have read that the number 3 is a number of completion.  If you look at the first verse in the Bible we find the Trinity related in the Hebrew word for God (Elohim).  Then we see that this was the beginning of TIME, and the beginning of the heavens (SPACE), and the earth (MATTER).

Looking at these : time is made up of the past, present and the future.
   space is made up of depth, width, and height
   matter is made up of solid, liquid and gas.

The threes continue in man - body, soul and spirit.
It keeps on going.  I urge you to give it a look and study.

I have a lot more info than I need for Sunday's sermon.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment