Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22, 2015

Psalm 25:7  Do not remember the sins of my youth or my acts of rebellion; in keeping with Your faithful love, remember me because of Your goodness, LORD. (HCSB)

I remember the first time I was introduced to this verse.  I was at a women's Bible study and we were singing praise before we started.  One of our praise songs was Psalm 25, which included this verse.  As we sang the words I started to tear up, and I realized that I had never thought of asking the Lord to forget the sins of my youth.  Heaven knows I hadn't forgotten them.  Immediately following the Bible study I went home and prayed these word back to the Lord.  I had such a sense of relief and a feeling of a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

I have always had a bent toward rebellion.  I can easily get caught up in a cycle that resembles that of the Israelites - first I rebel, then I repent, then God forgives me, then I have a period of obedience....only to be followed by rebellion.  I am so very thankful that God is faithful in His love for me and continues to draw me to Him via His forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment