Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 20, 2015

Isaiah 66:2  All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD.  But this is the one to whom I will look:  he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.

To whom will the Lord look upon?  He who is humble...  I was once taught that humble is having the correct assessment of your worth. False humility is just another name for pride.  So, to have a greater or lesser opinion of yourself is still prideful.  Give it some thought.
                                                         He who is contrite in spirit....  contrite is to be humbly penitent.  So we are back to a correct assessment of yourself.
                                                         Finally, the person who trembles at God's Word....  I think this refers to having a correct assessment of God.

Just food for thought.  Worth considering if you want God to look upon you with favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment