Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 27, 2015

Psalm 139:13  For you formed my inward parts;  you knitted me together in my mother's womb. (ESV)

My mother was in her late 40's when she had me.  I was a surprise, and she didn't want to take me home from the hospital.  Daddy and the doctor finally convinced her she had to, and she came to love me and was always good to me.  I remember, more often than not, when I would get introduced they would refer to me as their little mistake.  Though I know they didn't mean it to be mean, the thought permeated my brain, until I started to believe it.  I carried this thought with me for several years.

I remember the day I read the above verse.  What a day that was for me! I realized I was no mistake.  God had intended for me to not only be born, but He and His wondrous hand had fashioned me in my mother's womb.  This changed my whole life.

I am so thankful for the Word of God and the truths it conveys to us.  I don't know what misconceptions you may be carrying about with you as extra baggage, but I urge you to get into the Word of God and find the truth.  His word is living and can change your life, and because of His love, it will be for your good.

No comments:

Post a Comment