Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 26, 2014

Psalm 62:1  (KJV)  "Truly my soul waiteth upon God:  from him cometh my salvation." 

This Psalm of David gives us clear guidance into where we should put all of our trust.   This is one that I need to put on my bathroom mirror because I so often give it all to God, only to pick it back up again as soon as I am off my knees.   Why do we find it so difficult to wait?    Way do we not believe that our God will do what He says He will do?   If we truly believe that God is our salvation, then we should willingly and patiently wait for God to act on our behalf.    He will do that for us, but in His time, not ours.    That is the rub.   We are an impatient people.   We want everything instantly.   I am certain that when we think that God is delaying, it is because He has a better plan.   During advent let's practice waiting for our Savior.     

No comments:

Post a Comment