Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Matthew 1:21-22  (ESV)  "She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."   All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet.

This is scripture that we are very familiar with and read frequently during the Christmas season.   The angel was speaking to Joseph in a dream telling him to trust God and to wed Mary so that prophecy could be fulfilled.   I get so excited when I read scripture that connects events in the Bible in very real ways and I so enjoy prophecy.   It is so amazing to follow the thread and see God's plan played out in a way that only He could orchestrate.   Thinking way back to the book of Genesis and the genealogy lessons we labor over, it fascinates me to think about how long God waited.   As we begin to think about advent and the wonderful Christmas season, I wonder what we wait so expectantly for.   My hope is that it is something worthy!    I pray that  all of our eyes are on Jesus Christ!        

No comments:

Post a Comment