Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014


July 28, 2014

Mark 10:23  And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!"  (ESV)

I have heard this verse preached in various manners.  I won't go into them, but I will share my belief.  (I don't believe it means the affluent will not enter heaven because being rich is wrong.)  I believe in the Lord's infinite wisdom, He just knows that many people will be so distracted by their money or the making of money, that they will not find time for Him and the things of His kingdom.  
It is like everything else in God's economy - it is all about the heart condition.  God did not give us a new heart, just so we could corrupt it with the things of this world.  So keep things in balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment