Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22, 2014

July 22, 2014

II Samuel 11:1  In the spring of the year, the time when kings go out to battle, David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel.

If you are familiar with this passage, then you know it leads into the narrative on David and Bathsheba.  I have always felt like it had something to do with the fact that David didn't go to battle like the other kings, but sent others.  Had he gone to battle perhaps he would not have been in the position to see and lust after Bathsheba.

I am not picking on David; I am identifying with him.  How often I have not gone or been where I should have been and found myself in trouble. That means generally I am, where I shouldn't be. I think we can carry this concept to any number of areas of our lives.  The drunkard who shouldn't be in the bar, but stops for just one drink.  The glutton who shouldn't be at the fast food place, but is, and will begin eating better tomorrow. You get my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment