Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 17, 2014

July 17, 2014

Matthew 6:1  Beware practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.  (ESV)

I think it is extremely easy to get caught up in this very thing.  We like to look good in front of others.  In fact, it seems that in today's society, many jobs promote tooting your own horn.  This is direct opposition to what the Lord has to say.  We are not to boast in ourselves or even appear before others with the hopes of looking good in their eyes.  The only time that is acceptable is if the glory will go to God.

God sees into our hearts and motives.  He knows why we do what we do.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to lose my reward in heaven just I can look good in front of others on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment