Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19,2015

I Corinthinians 1:26  For consider your calling, brothers; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.  (ESV)

Don't you just love this verse?  God did not call the ones who had their acts all together.  He called those of us who were less than desirable in many cases - why?  So it would be obvious that it is God in us that does great things.

I find great hope in this verse.  God came to dwell among the lowly as well as the noble.  He came to save and heal sinners, of which I am one.  We need to have the same attitude that is in Christ Jesus as we look upon others.  We sometimes don't see the worth and potential in others that Christ sees.  Thank goodness he saw my potential rather than my mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment